Monday, November 4, 2013

My Great Grandmother Rosa Filomena Sinibaldi Pinto D'Amore

My maternal grandfather's mother was born Rosa Filomena Sinibaldi in Busso, Molise, Italy on March 12, 1885



October 19, 1920 
She emigrated from Busso to New York with my grandfather Antonio Pinto (age 14) and two other sons - Amalio (Mario) and Angelo.

New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957

July 1922
Her third son, Richard was born..

January 25, 1928
Her husband Lorenzo Pinto died of Tuberculosis at St. Luke's hospital in Cleveland, Ohio


April 12, 1930
Mrs Filomena Pinto married Tony D'Amore in Cuyahoga County, Ohio

Cuyahoga County, Ohio, Marriage Records and Indexes, 1810-1973 
This was her second marriage.

September 15, 1969
Her second husband - Antonio (Tony) and is buried at Lakeview Cemetery next to his first wife, Rosina...

March 30, 1970
Her third son, Richard died of heart disease.

April 22, 1971

She died at a nursing home in East Cleveland, Ohio at 86 years old. She had lost her husband and her youngest son within a year and it was too much for her.

Her grave in Calvary Cemetery has her birth year as 1893. This has always been a mystery to me but I remember my Mom telling me that her Grandmother always lied about her age, so maybe it's because she was 8 years older than she lead people to believe...
I remember her well - she use to tell stories in broken English and Italian but somehow at age eight I knew what she meant...


My family made a recent visit to her grave at Calvary Cemetery on Memorial Day 2013









No comments:

Post a Comment